Youth Ambassador Award (YAA)
YOUTH AMBASSADOR AWARD (YAA) 2020 – Application Guidelines
The Ministry of Youth Affairs in collaboration with other national sector partners, National Youth Commission and National Youth Service have over the years identified and awarded the title of “Youth Ambassador” to outstanding youth advocates that have contributed to the development of young people, served as a source of inspiration and motivation to the young population.
Globally the year 2020 has been a challenging one with the emergence of COVID 19, weakening economies and social fabrics and Sierra Leone is no exemption. However, within our communities there are amongst us young people who have in their own way supported others to cope in these difficult times. Such youths who have made such tremendous sacrifices and impact should be worthy of note and recognition.
It is against this backdrop that this pilot competition, the Youth Ambassador Award 2020 is being launched. An exciting opportunity for the young population to also have a say in who is to be awarded this ‘Title’ in the country, outside the traditional means. A competitive process where interested persons can undergo thorough scrutiny to validate their claims to the “Title”. This awarding event has been aligned with the annually held Social Good Summit expanding the scope to also consider youthful interventions that does not necessarily be classified as innovative but rather impactful. Organizers are hopeful to learn more about 1) the type of interventions that youth have been meaningfully engaged in during the year 2) gauge public opinion and outcomes from both components will inform subsequent awards.
- Competition design and structure
- How to apply
A call for application will be announced nationwide for eligible candidates to collect application forms, fill and submit these applications through designated channels before the call expires.
- Selection Criteria (contestants/Idea)
- Must be a Sierra Leonean
- Contestants should be 35 years or younger and reside in Sierra Leone.
- Should have provided distinguished and impactful service to your community
- How winners will be selected
- Only completed registration forms will be considered in the long list.
- Phase 1 screening will be done by an appointed selection panel that will short-list highly thoughtful and impactful interventions done by applicants.
- Successful applicants will proceed to phase 2 screening, where applicants will be invited for a 10mins pitch + Q&A session with panel of judges to further articulate their commitments and their motivation behind their interventions in his/her community.
- Claim validation will be done by MOYA district representatives to confirm claims.
- Phase 3 is the final stage where the ideal candidate(s) for recognition will be selected through a standard scoring process.
Please apply with the form below or download the application form here and submit a hardcopy.